Friday, September 14, 2007

Zucchini Brownies

1/2 c. soft margarine
1/2 c. oil
1 3/4 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 teas. vanilla
1/2 c. buttermilk ( I use the powdered so I can mix it when I need it
since I use it quite often)
2 1/2 c. flour
4 Tbls. baking cocoa ( I use 5 for more flavor)
1/2 teas. baking powder
1 teas. soda
2 c. shredded zucchini ( I use 3)

Grease or spray, then flour a jelly roll pan
Bake 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes

FROSTING:

3/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. creme or can use half & half
Boil in pan for 2 minutes - then add
1/4 c. margarine
6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips

Remove pan from heat and stir till chips are well blended -
then spread on cooled brownies and add nuts if desired before
frosting hardens.

note: These are great after being frozen, so some can be frozen since
it makes a large pan. Very moist and our favorite. Enjoy!

Courtesy of Donna Mae

No comments: